Monday to Friday
3.00pm to 6.00pm
We collect children from local schools and bring them back to Station House to provide a safe caring environment for them to play. They can stay here until 6pm.
Children who are in full-time school may attend, up to them transferring to secondary schools.
We can pick-up children from:
The Hill Primary Academy
Gooseacre Primary Academy
Highgate Primary Academy
|After School Club Session (3pm to 6pm)||£10.50 per session|
Unless you arrange otherwise, we’ll send a bill to your email address each week and this is payable upon receipt.
Payment should be made by BACS (bank transfer) if possible.
Our bank details are:
Station House Community Association
Sort Code: 09-01-51
Account Number: 65213280
We accept all childcare vouchers and you may be eligible with financial support via your tax credits.
Support with the cost of childcare
Don’t underestimate how generous the Government’s Tax-Free Childcare scheme is.
You can get up to £500 every 3 months (up to £2,000 a year) for each of your children to help with the costs of childcare. This goes up to £1,000 every 3 months if a child is disabled (up to £4,000 a year).
If you get Tax-Free Childcare, you’ll set up an online childcare account for your child. For every £8 you pay into this account, the government will pay in £2 to use to pay your provider.
You can get Tax-Free Childcare at the same time as 30 hours free childcare if you’re eligible for both – fabulous!
There are lots of different
The Childcare Choices website can help you check what childcare support is available to you.
If you’ve not already registered your child for after school club, you can do that by clicking the button below.
You must inform us as soon as possible if you need to cancel the session you have booked. Cancellations with less than 5 working days notice are charged at full cost. If you need to cancel, please:
- Call us on 01709 880682
- Email us at email@example.com
- Send us a private message on Facebook via our Station House page only.
Please DO NOT contact our staff members via their personal social media profiles, personal text or when you’re in the Home Bargains queue (it does happen!) – we can’t guarantee that they’ll remember to pass the message on.
Getting ready for After School Club
To help you and your child make the most of afterschool there are a few things you need to know and can do to make your child’s time as happy as possible.
We collect your child from their school and they can stay at Station House until 6pm. To help this go as smoothly as possible:
- Make sure you’ve told us which class your child is in – this helps us to collect children quickly and efficiently.
- Tell your child’s class teacher that we’ll be collecting your child – it’s important that they know who to expect at the end of the school day.
- Ensure that your child has suitable outdoor clothing for the walk to Station House. The weather can be temperamental and after a long day at school, there is nothing more disheartening than walking in uncomfortable shoes and a coat that isn’t keeping you warm.
- We love outdoor play, so hats are brilliant for sun safety in the summer or keeping warm in the colder months – please ensure your child has one when needed.
- To keep children safe on the walk we ask them to wear a hi-vis jacket that we provide – it’s really important that they wear this for their own safety, so please remind your child that this will happen.
We kindly ask that children DO NOT bring their own toys to Station House – to avoid upset these must be kept at home.
A typical After School Club session
- A member of our staff will meet your child (details vary according to individual school)
- Children are given a high vis jacket to wear
- Children will be organised to walk safely
- We take the safest and quickest route from the school to Station House
- On arrival, children will leave their coat and bag in the porch
- Children wash their hands and sit down for tea
Tea Time…yum yum!
A two-course meal is included in the cost. Fresh fruit and water are available throughout the sessions.
We encourage children to try everything but they are not forced to eat everything.
Once the children have eaten, it’s playtime. Where possible we play outside so they may get a bit mucky – they’ll definitely need suitable footwear, coats and hats.
We have a wide range of games, activities and crafts (no screens or technology). It’s fun and learning through play, making friends, getting active and being creative.
Additional Support Needs
If your child has any additional support needs, allergies, medications or anything else we need to be aware of, please detail this on your registration form.
If this changes throughout the year, please do let us know as soon as possible.
Collecting your child
- You can collect your child any time before 6pm
- When you arrive, come to reception and ring the bell, a member of staff will greet you and get your child.
- Make sure your child has all their belongings – their coat and bag will be in the porch.
- We operate a strict no-smoking/no-vaping policy. Please do not smoke or vape in our grounds.
Keep up-to-date with Station House
Station House has set up a Facebook page and would like to invite you to use it to keep up to date with news and views about Station House. We will be using the site to post such things as notices, closures, events, and any changes to the timetable, we think this will be a useful resource and hope you will use it.
Please let your friends know about our Facebook page and encourage them to follow us.
Engaging with our Facebook page
- We’ll post updates, news and you can share your views and feedback with us.
- Do not post questions that are personal to yourself, remember everyone can see what you type.
- Any queries that are personal, such as bill enquiries, booking amendments, change of address, reporting of illness. Please inform us of these in person, over the phone or via private message.
Photo consent and social media
Occasionally we post photos and videos of the children and their work – we do this to showcase the fantastic things we do at Station House.
If you DO NOT want your child to be on these please inform a member of staff.
You’ll need to indicate your consent preferences when you first register your child for After School Club and you can update these at any time – just let us know.
Changed your details?
If you do change your contact details – address, phone number or email – please let us know as soon as possible.
Meet the team
Our mission is to provide the best care for the children within our community and to extend our support through projects that provide a better family life.
We have a skilled and experienced team who work hard to create fun and educational opportunities for your child.
Our policies and procedures
A full set of policies and procedures available upon request or on our website.